by Michelle Clarke, Account Coordinator, Intern
As the new intern at Ideba coming from the University of Victoria, I was excited to be immersed into the world of marketing and business. Overall, I have had an extremely successful first week; introductions, meetings, discussions, a misbehaving laptop, and a lot of e-mails! Ideba has provided me with a welcoming and respectful work environment through a very smooth transition. For this week, I would like to offer some reasons why you should consider hiring an intern:
- Interns are full of energy; they are eager to learn, embrace, and offer new ideas and perspectives.
- As a member of the ‘Generation Y’, my age group is known for its expertise with synchronous communication methods (i.e. SMS texts, online messengers), as well as with social media.
- They bring knowledge from modern education standards and programs. Building on course experiences, I am eager to start bringing some fresh ideas for environmental sustainability in the workplace.
- Clients appreciate your company’s commitment to education and upcoming generations.
- You are investing for significant future return
Your intern is able to grow and develop their business skills, and receive support for their education goals; as a paid intern, I am excited to earn money that will go toward tuition for my upcoming years of university.
Now, we would love to hear from you: What is your experience with interns? Have you ever considered hiring an intern for your company? In what areas do you believe an intern would bring value?